Psychological distress is a significant and ongoing problem for cancer patients and their relatives. Those living with cancer are affected from the time of diagnosis, during their treatment and beyond.
Cancer can lead to a range of emotions, including:
- Feelings of isolation
Our trained therapists at Circle Psychology Partners are able to help you deal with the emotional and psychological side effects of cancer and will offer you information, support and practical help.
They can help clients cope with:
- uncertainty in their present and future
- how cancer affects their relationships
- feelings of depression, anxiety, trauma and anger
- adjustment, change and loss
- pain, discomfort, fatigue and treatment side-effects
- how cancer affects relationships and/or sexual functioning
- impact on self-esteem and sense of self
- possible end-of-life issues